Saturday, August 21, 2010

School Supplies of Doom


My child won't be bringing 2,000 sheets of paper to school, 100 pencils, 350 tissues, and enough markers to get the entire grade high. If he needs more than one package of pencils, or 1,000 sheets of paper, send him home to his mother who is an environmental science major and we'll have a little chat about conservation and recycling. If he loses his pencils, I'll attach them to a string and attach it to his desk. If he needs to blow his nose more than 350 times this year at school, I'm pretty sure he'll probably need hospitalization.

I honestly don't know what you need with 180 (dryboard) erasers, or what you're going to put in 750 Ziploc bags. I can only imagine you are selling and packaging cocaine on the side. I've only ever seen a teacher use maybe 5 per student to keep random cards, etc. in. Not to mention the 30 rulers and 30 pairs of scissors that you kept from last year, what did you do with those? Are those for your drug cartel to help with the packaging?

Every other school/ grade my child has ever attended has each class buy a few things, or have the boys buy part and the girls buy others (since that pretty much divides the amount in half). This is the most ridiculous list I have ever seen for each student to bring to school. When Eden went to Fayetteville school, we bought about $15 worth of stuff and that was the entire list. I'm not supporting all the children who show up with nothing, which is the only reason I can even come up with for each student needing to bring 100 pencils. I'm a single, unemployed, college student mother. So no, I won't be supporting your drug cartel or your personal stash of Kleenex or whatever else you feel like you can tell me to buy. And of course, this doesn't include backpacks, shoes, clothes, and all the other school items.

This is the list and prices, I did use the least expensive price that came up on google most of the items:

10 packs of paper (10@ $0.80 = $8.00) (This was the price I purchased them at WalMart for). 

4 packs of 25 pencils (8 packs of 12 @ $1.79 = $14.32) http://www.staples.com/Paper-Mate-EarthWrite-Pencil-2-Dozen/product_358046?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Shopping-_-Office_Supplies%3EPencils-_-358046-12242&cid=CSE%3AGoogleBase%3AOffice_Supplies%3APencils%3A358046%3A12242

2 handheld pencil sharpeners (2@ $1.99 = $3.98) http://www.staples.com/Staples-Dual-Dome-Pencil-Sharpener/product_935650?cmArea=SEARCH

1 pencil pouch (1 @ $3.29) http://www.staples.com/Staples-Pencil-Pouch/product_600857?jspStoreDir=Staples&autocompletesearchkey=pencil+pouch&fromUrl=home&catalogId=10051&cmArea=SEARCH&langId=-1&storeId=10001&cmSearchKeyword=pencil+pouch&ddkey=StaplesSearch

2 red pens (12@ $1.79) You can't buy just 2. http://www.staples.com/Staples-Comfort-Stic-Grip-Ballpoint-Pens-Medium-Point-Red-Dozen/product_608397?cmArea=SEARCH

2 packs of pencil cap erasers (2@ $0.79 = $1.58) http://www.staples.com/Staples-Cap-Erasers-Assorted-12-Pack/product_771352?cmArea=SEARCH

1 box of 46 crayons (1 @ $2.29) http://www.staples.com/Crayola-Crayons-24-Box/product_299198?cmArea=SEARCH

1 box of coloured pencils (1@ $4.99) http://www.staples.com/Crayola-Colored-Pencils-24-Box/product_475715?cmArea=SEARCH

1 pack of washable markers (1 @ $4.49) http://www.staples.com/Crayola-Washable-Markers-Broad-Line-8-Box/product_352369?cmArea=SEARCH

3 spiral notebooks (120 pages each) (3 pack @ $8.49) http://www.staples.com/Staples-8-x-10-1-2-3-Subject-Notebook-3-Pack/product_280347?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&cmSearchKeyword=spiral+notebook+120+sheets&fromUrl=home&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&cmArea=SEARCH&ddkey=StaplesSearch

1 zip up 3 ring binder (1@ $9.99) http://www.amazon.com/Mead-Trapper-Keeper-Binder-Orange/dp/B002IA4ZUQ

5 pocket folders with brads (yellow, blue, orange, red, green) (5@ $0.75= $3.75) This is the price I paid at WalMart

2 glue sticks (3 pack @ $3.99) http://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Washable-Dissappearing-Purple-E562/dp/B00143SNPG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1282012015&sr=1-4

Clorox wipes (1 @ $4.99) http://www.staples.com/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-Lemon-Fresh-Scent-75-Tub/product_616321?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Shopping-_-Office_Supplies%3ECleaning_Supplies-_-616321-15948&cid=CSE%3AGoogleBase%3AOffice_Supplies%3ACleaning_Supplies%3A616321%3A15948

1 large bottle of Germ x (1@ $5.69) http://www.amazon.com/Germ-X-40-Hand-Sanitizer-Vitamin/dp/B000PZSHS2

1 pack low odor dry erase markers (fat) (1@ $6.29) http://www.amazon.com/Expo-Original-Markers-Colored-83174K/dp/B000I7Q8S8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1282012171&sr=8-10

1 pack dry erase erasers (1@ $9.92) http://www.amazon.com/Charles-Leonard-Whiteboard-Charcoal-74500/dp/B0006HWN5M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1282012264&sr=1-6

3 large boxes of Kleenex (3@ $2.39= $7.79) http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=300130&productId=300130&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

1 pair of scissors (1@ $2.69) http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/scissors-trimmers/scissors/product-prod2940263?cm_mmc=GBase-_-Office+Supplies-_-Scissors+and+Trimmers-_-Scissors&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=21903077

1 ruler (1@ $2.19) http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/998039/Westcott-Wood-Ruler-Single-Edge-18/?cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Google-_-Basic_Supplies-_-998039&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&mr%3AtrackingCode=41236F1B-EC81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr%3AreferralID=NA

1 package of Post-It Notes (1@ $2.99) http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Paper-Supplies/Post-It-Notes/ID=prod376575-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku376576

1 box of Ziploc bags (1@ $2.79) http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Plastic/Storage-Bags/ID=prod362863-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku362864

$5 Weekly Reader Fee

$5 Planner Fee

$5 project fee

Total= $131.29Tax= $10.50

Grand total= $141.79

No comments:

Post a Comment